I want to do a clean mac ox os re-install

Reaction score
I am a running a partitioned Mac Mini __ Yosemite-VMWare Win 7. I want to do a fresh install of only the Yosemite os. Can it be done while preserving the integrity of the VMWare Win 7 partition?

Thank you

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
What do you mean by a "partitioned Mac Mini"? When you install Windows 7 using VMWare it does not involve creating a partition. The virtual copy of Windows 7 is actually one large file within OS X Yosemite. If you have in fact created another partition for something else, that's different.

And yes, just install Yosemite over itself and you won't lose data. However, you should make sure that you have a backup before doing so. Use Time Machine. Also, is there any specific reason you feel you need to do a fresh install of Yosemite? If you're having problems with something, a fresh install may not solve anything.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
One must ask why? This is not Widnows World. What is the problem.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.