• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Would love your input and suggestions

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2016 MacBook (m5), 2013 macbook pro retina 15", 2009 MBP non retina 13", 2014 21" iMac
Hello, I have been using Apple Products for some time but am very much a novice in terms of technical knowledge. I am very interested in really diving into the product line and becoming versed enough with the operating systems, hardware etc., that I, optimistically, would be able to join an organization or become a member of the Apple Consultant's Network.

I realize that this would take time, dedication and resources as Ive done some research on the subject. I would like to know what you would recommend in terms of a good starting point. Id like to start out with online training and go from there, but not exactly sure of the best resource or the particular area or niche to concentrate on. Ideally, I would like to support and manage Mac & iOS devices for individuals or small companies.

Thanks so much for your input as i appreciate it very much.

best to you,

rick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
Rick - here is a link to a discussion that was held on just this topic:

http://www.mac-forums.com/schweb-s-...estions-journey.html?highlight=apple+training

That should give you some ideas. I will tell you I have a few certifications in the Windows world that I needed to work in the tech world. I do not have any certs or formal training for apple but I have learned tons of stuff reading on forums, asking questions, and purchasing older Macs that I "play" with and learn from. I will probably never pursue any Apple certs because I am retired and am currently working in IT at my church. But I never say never. ;) I have learned more over the years by diving in and doing it. Get a mac that is not essential to everyday life and play around. And read. post questions, and if you find you like it pursue some apple training and certs.

Just my 2 cents worth!

Lisa

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.