Windows Installation--Fails to Start during Restart

Reaction score
Specs:
MacBook Pro Retina, 13-inch, Mid 2014
2.6 GHz Intel Core i5
8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
128 GB

I just got this computer and was attempting to install Windows so I can dual boot, but I've run into a string of frustrations despite having done this without much issue on my old 2008 MacBook--the lack of a disc drive is really making it much more complicated than it was. I have Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium, and I've been attempting to install it via my external hard drive and a Windows ISO file that I downloaded using my product key. BootCamp runs without a hitch, partitions the drive, and allows me to begin the Windows installation...but once it gets to the point where it restarts, it gives me a screen telling me that Windows failed to start.

That screen indicates that \Boot\BCD is a problem file. The Status is listed as 0xc000000f, and it tells me that 'an error occurred while attempting to read the boot configuration data.' The screen also directs me to repair my computer from the Windows installation disc, which I've attempted. System Recovery Options tells me 'Windows found problems with your computer's startup options' and gives me the option to repair and restart, but when I select that option I get an error saying 'Failed to save startup options.' After exiting that screen, I get another error message saying 'an internal error occurred. The following information might help you resolve the error: The system cannot find the file specified. (0x80070002)' I've deleted the partition and gone over the whole process all over, just to wind up with the same error message. Google searches have revealed that these errors are apparently caused by a variety of things--I've attempted a few of the suggested 'fixes' but they haven't helped at all, and I haven't seen anyone with this issue specifically from attempting to run Windows via BootCamp, so I'm not even sure the issues others are experiencing are caused by the same thing. Any help would be much appreciated.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.