PDA

View Full Version : Mac Forums web site now useable on iPhone

Rod Sprague
08-27-2015, 09:08 PM
Wow! I know there has been lots of talk about the new web site format but, forgive me if I'm slow, I just discovered the new iPhone web site skin. I gave up clicking the email links to replies a long time ago because the web site was unusable on an iPhone but that meant doing a search for the post on the app in order to reply. Today I clicked the link just to see what others had said on a topic and here I am writing my first post on my iPhone. I had always lamented being unable to do this on the app. Now if I could just attach a photo.....

Rod Sprague
08-28-2015, 03:50 AM
Well it's almost working, fine for connecting from email links and possible to write a new post but difficult to navigate due to some partial rendering issues on the home page. See below, this is what I get in Safari, it's even worse in Opera Mini.

Rod Sprague
08-28-2015, 03:55 AM
Ohoh! This is embarrassing I just realised I have to rotate and view in landscape mode to see subheadings. Don't mind me, I'll just shut up and explore a little more thoroughly before posting complaints.:Oops:

chscag
08-28-2015, 02:21 PM
I gave up on that a long time ago Rod. That's why we have the Mac-Forums iOS app. Navigating the forums (or any forum) using your iPhone is fatiguing and error prone. On an iPad, yes, iPhone no. You were doing OK using the Mac-Forums iOS app, why switch? ;D

Slydude
08-30-2015, 12:49 PM
I gave up on that a long time ago Rod. That's why we have the Mac-Forums iOS app. Navigating the forums (or any forum) using your iPhone is fatiguing and error prone. On an iPad, yes, iPhone no. You were doing OK using the Mac-Forums iOS app, why switch? ;D
Unfortunately, I'm forced to conclude that one or more of the following must be at work:
1. He's a glutton for punishment.
2. Secretly beta testing a new thought-controlled iPone slated for imminent release. :Cool:
3. Potent adult beverages.