PDA

View Full Version : Best Image/Paint/Photography OS X App?

AliceSML79
08-27-2015, 11:22 AM
when i was windows i used Paint Shop Pro for my Paint, Photos, And Image Creation Software. now that switched to OS X I'm looking for a good software to replace my windows Paint Shop Pro, i know i could boot camp but id rather just find a good OS X app. thanks in advance for all suggestions. i know its a personal choice in apps but since i know none of the other then the discounted apture i really need suggestions.

Thanks in Advance, Alice

Mitcherooney
08-27-2015, 11:55 AM
Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo.

cradom
08-27-2015, 02:01 PM
Pixelmator, Acorn and the old standby, Photoshop.
First two available at AppStore.

Demapples
08-28-2015, 06:39 AM
Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo.
Agree.

Tarheel Fan
10-12-2015, 08:57 PM
Do the Affinity programs work with layers? I am looking for an image manipulation program similar to Photoshop when it comes to layers. I was in the Air Force for 25 years and I want to design a sleeve tattoo with all the places I was stationed. I want to take the shape of the country, hollow it out, and put the country's flag as the filler inside. I just want to make sure these programs would allow for that. I am on an older MB Pro, circa 2011.

Thanks!

chas_m
10-13-2015, 03:01 AM
I don't know about Affinity Photo, but Pixelmator has layers. Photoshop has layers.

IWT
10-14-2015, 05:45 PM
Do the Affinity programs work with layers?

Affinity Photo definitely does. I am currently giving it an extensive "trial" as an Aperture substitute.

Ian