Playlists in my mac

Reaction score
You guys,
I have lots of playlists I created before apple music, and after this service went on, my playlists are on my mac but not on my iphone.
It doesn't work even if I try manually to drag my playlist on my iphone in iTunes! :(
What can I do?

C

chas_m

Be patient. This is a bug, Apple is working on a fix, no idea when it will come out but you're not alone. In the meantime, you can turn off the Apple Music features in the Music app and on iTunes on your Mac, then try the manual syncing again.

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
It's true you have to be a bit patient but you need to ensure iCloud Music Library is switched on in Music Preferences on both your Mac and Your iPhone. Even so this took a while for the same playlists from my phone and Mac to be combined.
This may have something to do with the speed of your network, mine is a little slow and it took a couple of days.
You do not need to subscribe to iTunes Match.
Now when I startup iTunes on my Mac I see the iCloud icon top right with moving stripes and a downward arrow which I assume are the changes I made to my library on my iPhone last night.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.