PDA

View Full Version : Do U.E Boom Speakers Battery Drain Faster Over Time?

simonvee
08-08-2015, 07:55 AM
You know how the Macbooks have a 'optimum' battery life after a number of cycles (e.g. 1,000) until it drains much faster? Does the same apply for U.E Boom and other portable blue-tooth speakers?

If so, are they replaceable? Cost?

bobtomay
08-08-2015, 09:42 AM
ALL rechargeable batteries degrade over time - it's not that they drain faster - it's that they lose the ability to hold as much of a charge - and because they don't hold as much charge, they don't last as long while in use.

simonvee
08-08-2015, 09:47 AM
I fell in love with the UE and developed a passion for them. I was considering buying one more portable speaker since they're so cool but the thought of a degrading battery on a portable speaker puts me off. Once a portable speaker loses it's ability to have a long batter life, it semi-defeats it's purpose. At least with a Macbook Air, I know I can replace the battery. Don't know about UE Booms. Can't see any screws on them.

bobtomay
08-08-2015, 10:02 AM
You can likely google that about as fast as I can.

simonvee
08-08-2015, 10:05 AM
I did but it was different pages are contradictory. Oh well, I guess I will view portable speakers as 'non-collectables'

chas_m
08-09-2015, 02:06 AM
I'm currently testing the UE Mega Boom (overpriced but really good is the short version), but as with most quality BT speaker brands, the rechargeable battery inside them is non-replaceable because it should last years and years of normal use before degrading to the point where the play time was so shortened a typical user would notice it. I would contact UE/Logitech about yours if you're having a problem with it within its warranty period.