PDA

View Full Version : Notifying the poster if their thread is deleted

Yuna5000
08-03-2015, 04:14 PM
I posted a question concerning a problem I am having with my Apple Laptop in the "Apple Notebooks" section and it seems to have been deleted.

The poster should be notified when and why their post has been deleted.

I had written a post (on Aug. 1, I believe) concerning second display issues with my OS9 laptop with two screenshots illustrating the issue.

If one is not permitted to ask hardware questions, it should be made clear.
(Just wish I had a copy of my post so I could take it to another site without re-writing it...)

chscag
08-03-2015, 04:25 PM
I can't explain what might have happened, as your post count shows as 2 but I can not locate your other post. It may have been a system hiccup or error. This unfortunately does occur once in awhile. Unless your post contained something against the forum guidelines such as piracy, insults, etc, it would not have been deleted.

vansmith
08-03-2015, 04:43 PM
To add to chscag's helpful message, if your post is deleted because it contravenes the policies of the forum, you would be notified as to why. Likely, this was a mistake or a technical error.

bobtomay
08-03-2015, 08:20 PM
There has been no post deleted. If it had been, your post count would not be sitting at 2 currently.

All the places we (as mods or admins) can look for post counts on a user indicate you have 2 posts, yet the above post is the only one that even we can find.

It would appear you are not mistaken and there is something screwy going on with the forum software or at the server level.
Time to report this up the line.
We appreciate you reporting the issue.