PDA

View Full Version : thinking of selling my iMac

terrygardener
07-29-2015, 03:24 PM
Last year i got a refurb iMac of the apple store uk, it is decent spec i7 3.5 16gb ram 3tb fusion drive nvidia 775m.
basically i got the mac because i never tried on before and my sisters got one and said they are fantastic so when i wanted a new computer i got a iMac. however i just don't like it. there is no claring problem but little things that annoy me.
the one think that i would say i like the most is the fact i can leave it one for weeks and it doesn't change the performance etc.

does anyone know what price i should be looking for? i think i would like a 1000 back but don't if it achievable.

chscag
07-29-2015, 03:41 PM
Not everyone likes a Mac computer, no problem. As far as pricing a used iMac goes, it would be best to check eBay UK and local prices from various vendors. I'm sure you have lots of advertisements over there that you can also scan through to get an idea of a good selling price.

Slydude
07-29-2015, 07:10 PM
While true that not everyone likes Macs I wonder just exactly what you are having trouble doing? Perhaps there are problems that could be easily solved.

TattooedMac
07-29-2015, 08:55 PM
I agree with Sly. Have you looked at what issue you have, and if they could be solved ??

Most Windowers, take weeks/months to get out of that from of mind, and they usually find a solution, that fixes those little niggles, people miss from Windows. Macs are so mainstream now, that you can find 3rd party Apps to most things that happen on Windows people miss.

Then again, it just might not be for you. Then, then again, Windows 10 in just around the corner ;P

Bill Gates Jr.
08-19-2015, 10:49 PM
It does take a while to get used to it, but well worth the effort. Left Windows 3 years ago...ok still got an older desktop and two laptops but they generally gather dust...except the wife uses one to spend my money on the internet. This forum is an excellent place for help on using you iMac. Believe me, I've asked many, many questions, some really basic, and have gotten much courteous help here. When you consider Windows venerability to malware, Apple is a lot safer...not perfect...nothing is. No more Virus programs and updating those programs constantly. My only complaint is no WordPerfect, but I have MS Office but usually use Libre Office as my needs are simple.

Alwyn
09-08-2015, 06:04 AM
Agree with all comments above. I switched to an iMac 5 years ago and, having become frustrated with my slow Windows PC, took to it like a duck to water. Now my wife and I have one each and, as we also have iPads and iPhones, they're all working together. As far as price is concerned it depends on age. Most of the ones currently available on eBay UK are 'Seller refurbished'. At the moment I guess that happy users aren't keen to sell until the iMac can no longer be updated to the latest OS X or they want a feature like Retina display.