• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Are you a Audiophile ? What cans do you use . . .

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Hey all. Recently had a Bday, and was told if I could sell off the 2 iPhones we had laying around, I could get what I want.

I have always loved the sound the Grado cans gave, which is a beautiful rick, warm sound, with plenty of power for bass. So I have gone and bought a pair of Grado SR325e Prestige cans. These are hand built, and the drivers are hand spun, in a little factory in Brooklyn, where the family has been since '53' . . .

zaStFF0.png

I'm so excited, they should be here in a couple of days. I have also on the way, and Bravo Audio V2 Tube Headphone AMP. The word is, the Grado's give off such a nice sound, and it is loud enough, that it isn't needed, but, if I do some tube rolling, I should be to warm up the sound a little more, while also smoothing the mids and lows. I'll be purchasing a NOS Russian Tube to put into it once it gets hear, and I have burnt both the headphones, and AMP in . . .

Ft94ZOH.png

This will all be running out of my iMac or iPhone. . . . Plan on building from here. Already looking at Tube AMP Kits, but will probably buy one, and a dedicated Player like the FiiO x5 . .

Whats your setup ??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
I don't consider myself an audiophile, but I do have a pair of Sennheiser PXC 450 headphones that are pretty amazing. I picked them up because I really needed a good pair of noise canceling headphones to save my marriage (ok, it wasn't quite that dramatic, but she used to snore really bad and I couldn't get any sleep) (yes, I intended to wear them to bed... I was desperate!). That didn't work out (no no... we're still married), but I kept them because the sound was just incredible.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
...I really needed a good pair of noise canceling headphones to save my marriage (ok, it wasn't quite that dramatic, but she used to snore really bad and I couldn't get any sleep)...

Oh My God! I thought I was the only dude with this problem!!!;) If I get a good nights sleep 10 times/year…I consider myself lucky!!!

- Nick

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
So I have gone and bought a pair of Grado SR325e Prestige cans.

I looked up the price on these "puppies"…not as bad as I was thinking considering the hand-built/hand spun aspects!:)

Sounds like quite a combination:

Grado SR325e Prestige cans + Bravo Audio V2 Tube Headphone AMP = Great Sound!!!:)

Ill be interested to hear your thoughts when you get a chance to use everything…especially compared to what you've used in the past.

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21 M1 Pro 14" MBP, 23 M2 Pro Mac Mini (MacOS 14), iPhone 15 Pro Max (iOS 17), iPad 6 (iPadOS 17)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.