• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

21st century/ computer terms needed ....

Reaction score
Hope that there are some creative thinkers here ..... :)

I need to find a computer or 21st century / techno word for something so that I can make the idea of it a lot more appealing and maybe even "fun" or "funny" ........ so that I might be more tempted to do it.

eg. I hate having to clean the piles of mess I leave around the computer ..... but I do it more often now that I call it a "defrag" .... eg. defrag the desk .....

Well, my physio has said that I have to do some stretching etc exercises - it seems that I spend too much time sitting down ;) But I have a very hard time making myself do it. Generally because I'm too tired ... but even just the idea of it turns me off.

Can anybody think of a way to describe exercises where you move your arms and legs to work your muscles, and also pull those long pieces of elastic ....

Are there any 21st century words that can be used to "describe" these types of exercises?

(other examples ..... brain = CPU, body is the 'hard drive' ..... if anybody is feeling creative and wants to find words for 'walk', 'run', 'eating' etc feel free!)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air | iPad | iPhone | iPod Classic | iPod Shuffle | no more money
Possibly the strangest request I have ever read...

Perhaps 're-sizing' might be apt.

Or, for 21st Century keywords, elastic is a pretty mean selling point on Amazons AWS EC2 service, from their blurb:

Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2) is a web service that provides resizable compute capacity in the cloud. It is designed to make web-scale cloud computing easier for developers.

Amazon EC2’s simple web service interface allows you to obtain and configure capacity with minimal friction. It provides you with complete control of your computing resources and lets you run on Amazon’s proven computing environment.

The bold text is pretty much what you're trying to achieve :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Um, like the elastic bands, they're called stretching exercises.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.