Help using Finder

Reaction score
Hi guys, quick question.

Been using Adobe Illustrator and when I try to place an image in to a document Finder opens so I can locate the image. I think since I've updated to a recent version of OS X, I seem unable to easily view a preview of the image I wish to place. You can see from the attached screen shot that i can navigate through my folder structure, but when I try to select the image, or at least preview a variety of images, I cannot see them. The image seems to be justified to the right hand side of the Finder window.

Any ideas? Cheers guys.
Tom.

Screen-shot.jpg

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
Does this happen with other directories like Photos or Music or is it just Google Drive?

C

chas_m

Mystery solved. It's a flaw in Google Drive, or at least in the way OS X and Google Drive interact.

M

MacInWin

I would bet that if you can narrow down that right hand window, the image will move to the right. I suspect it's centered on the width of the column. I don't know if that's all of your screen real estate in that image, but if there is a way in Google Drive to get to the column width slider (Usually by right clicking on the divider line in the column headers), then you might be able to get the image to show.

And for chas_m, do you know that for certain? Is there a citation for that claim?

M

MacInWin

For the OP, you can also try to change the view to listing, then press the space bar for a quick look. That may work better than the column view you have in the image. List is just to the left of the column view you've selected in that image.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.