PDA

View Full Version : Happy Memorial Day!

chscag
05-23-2015, 09:51 PM
This Monday May 25th is a national holiday here in the US known as "Memorial Day" where we pay tribute to all the brave men and women who gave their lives for our country.

I want to also pay tribute to all the brave men and women from around the world who likewise gave their lives for their country and freedom!

Thank you for your service - you are not forgotten!

Slydude
05-23-2015, 10:04 PM
This Monday May 25th is a national holiday here in the US known as "Memorial Day" where we pay tribute to all the brave men and women who gave their lives for our country.

I want to also pay tribute to all the brave men and women from around the world who likewise gave their lives for their country and freedom!

Thank you for your service - you are not forgotten!

Couldn't have said it better myself. While we're at it let's not forget the sacrifices made by their families.

XJ-linux
05-25-2015, 01:59 PM
https://billydie.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/military-armed-service-emblems-symb.jpg?w=1000

dtravis7
05-25-2015, 02:18 PM
Happy Memorial day. Thank you all for your service to your country.

RadDave
05-25-2015, 05:05 PM
We just returned from a 6-night trip into Virginia & southern Pennsylvania visiting a number of Civil War battlefields (Petersburg, Manassas or Bull Run, Gettysburg, and Fredericksburg) - plenty of flags & flowers out on the gravestones and events planned.

For those into the American Civil War, the new Gettysburg Museum & Visitor's Center (below) is excellent (interactive exhibits, a new film narrated by Morgan Freeman, & a 5-year restoration of the famous cyclorama painting) - we also took a 2-hr guided bus tour w/ a licensed guide covering all 3 days of the battle. Dave :)