PDA

View Full Version : Just a little bit of fun . . Whats the next OS going to be called ??

TattooedMac
05-17-2015, 10:37 PM
This is a thread, to drop in some names of places that you think will be the next OS X name.

There is to be no trolling, no flame wars, and no dumping on someone suggestion. We went through all the cats, and we all had our own ideas for the up and coming OS, but Apple changed the game, and started to name places in California, United States.

Whats your suggestion, or what would you like to see. From a previous thread, I came up with a few, but because of Apples affiliation with U2, I'm suggesting :

OS X Joshua Tree :)

lclev
05-17-2015, 10:46 PM
In keeping with the National Park theme:

OS X Sequoia

OS X Grand Canyon

OS X Yellowstone

Lisa

RadDave
05-17-2015, 10:49 PM
Well, if limited to California place names - I like one word options - so just to offer a choice: Malibu - Dave :)

chscag
05-17-2015, 11:12 PM
We've done this before...

My suggestion at the time was "Capistrano". (With pictures of Swallow birds flying around)

Someone else suggested "Death Valley" (Now that would be a killer!)

TattooedMac
05-17-2015, 11:17 PM
OS X Sequoia

Run that back, saying it out loud - OS X Sequoia . . . Bit of a tongue twister that one ;)

Well, if limited to California place names - I like one word options - so just to offer a choice: Malibu - Dave :)

I like this one, but we have had Mavericks already so I'm guessing a Beach/break is out for now :)

My suggestion at the time was "Capistrano". (With pictures of Swallow birds flying around)

As in San Juan Capistrano ?? Had to Google that one . . .

Someone else suggested "Death Valley" (Now that would be a killer!)

I see what you did there ;)

harryb2448
05-18-2015, 01:02 AM
I had hoped OS X.10 would have continued the Big cats with Cougar but I guess Hollywood put a stop to that!

imfromwales
05-18-2015, 01:47 AM
OS X Redwood

chscag
05-18-2015, 01:56 AM
How about "King's Canyon"? Anyone know where that is...... ;)

dtravis7
05-18-2015, 03:20 AM
OSX Weed! :D There is a Weed California up north! :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weed,_California

lclev
05-18-2015, 02:27 PM

The one in California home to giant sequoias? OR the one is Australia?

Lisa

Sawday
05-18-2015, 02:32 PM
Somewhere in California that everyone's heard about? What about Starbucks?

pm-r
05-18-2015, 02:38 PM
In keeping with the National Park theme:

OS X Sequoia

OS X Grand Canyon

OS X Yellowstone

Lisa

Yes I know it wan't intended, but it appears that "Lisa" was entered as a suggestion, and even though it's not a park, I don't think it has the best associated name for Apple to use again. But one never knows. ;) :\

firesidedog
05-18-2015, 05:39 PM
OS X Big Sur

chscag
05-18-2015, 05:43 PM

The one in California of course. I wouldn't expect Tim Cook to pick a place outside of the left coast state. ;P

RadDave
05-18-2015, 07:16 PM
Somewhere in California that everyone's heard about? What about Starbucks?

Well, you're off by a few states to the north of California - Starbucks started in Seattle, Washington in the Pike Street Market - BTW, a great place to visit for seafood heaven, guys throwing fish, and many other gustatory pleasures! Dave :)

RadDave
05-18-2015, 07:20 PM
Well, I love the Monterey Peninsula, SO some names there: 1) Monterey; 2) Pebble Beach; and 3) Carmel - :) Dave

TattooedMac
05-18-2015, 08:29 PM

Lisa

Woohoo lol Its in the Northern Territory :D

The one in California of course. I wouldn't expect Tim Cook to pick a place outside of the left coast state. ;P

WHAT !! We's gots lots to offer down here cobber. Me mate sed da uver day wees oughta calls it Staya !!! ;P

XJ-linux
05-18-2015, 08:37 PM
Now that they name them after places in Kalifornistan, I'm much less enthralled with what they call them.

toMACsh
05-19-2015, 02:11 PM
OSX Caliber

OSX Site

OSX Cellent

;)