Adobe Flash Drive

Reaction score
New Mac user as of last week. When trying to get on web sites used previously, told to download Adobe Flash Drive. Was told Mac did not require Adobe. True or not? Found there is a download for Yosemite that came out last month. Do I download it or not?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
New Mac user as of last week. When trying to get on web sites used previously, told to download Adobe Flash Drive. Was told Mac did not require Adobe. True or not? Found there is a download for Yosemite that came out last month. Do I download it or not?

Hello and welcome to the forum! :) If a browser site uses the Adobe Flash Player to run media that you want to see, then you'll need to obtain the software - I have it installed on my MBPro laptop and my wife's iMac; but make sure that your obtain the download package from the Adobe website HERE.

Since you are running Yosemite, an icon will be placed in the bottom pane of your 'System Preferences' opening dialog box (see attachment, blue arrow) - if there, then you have successfully installed the player - you can also check there to see if updates are available (a frequent occurrence, unfortunately). Dave

Screen Shot 2015-05-17 at 6.07.38 PM.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Yes, some sites can be quite fussy about the Adobe Flash update and their latest Version 17.0.0.188 was just released Date: 13 May 2015

It seems that I had just recently updated the last 17.0.0.169 version just recently that was released April 14, 2015, if not some interim version in between. Fast and furious and almost monthly lately if not sooner updates it seems.
Flash Tester

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.