PDA

View Full Version : Splitting a movie into it's clips

PegoMan
05-08-2015, 01:09 PM
Is there any way to take an existing iMovie and split it back into it's original individual clips?
I am using Version 10.0.8.

I apologize if this is a very elementary question, I am not well versed on iMovie.

Thanks, John

vansmith
05-08-2015, 01:13 PM
As far as I know, once a movie has been encoded, it's "stuck" (in that the original clips no longer exist as independent parts). I may be wrong but I don't think this is possible. Do you no longer have access to the originals?

PegoMan
05-08-2015, 01:17 PM
Thanks much! That's what I figured might be the case. No, I had to do a O.S. reinstall (Yosemite) and lost the original clips. Thanks agin for the info.

Slydude
05-09-2015, 08:36 AM
The only thing I can think of to solve this would be to manually split the movie into parts again. Might be somewhat time consuming though depending upon the length of the movie.

lclev
05-09-2015, 09:36 AM
You can take the original, trim to your first clip, share it out to a file then go back and adjust your trims for the second clip and share it out to a file. It would be time consuming - how long depends on the length of the clip.

Lisa

Mitcherooney
05-09-2015, 11:29 AM
Is there no Time Machine backup available?

PegoMan
05-11-2015, 03:47 PM
Thanks to everyone for the suggestions. I might try splitting the clips. It would take a while, but I'm retired so I have a few extra minutes every once in awhile. lol

No, I don't have it on a backup unfortunately.

Thanks again,
John