Windows Partition won't load

Reaction score
So im not sure if its been answered or not but i cannot find the answer. I haven't touched my computer for a week but it auto updates itself. Last week i had full access to my BOOTCAMP partition and now it will not show up on the option screen. i have the partition on my desktop and it shows in disk utility but will not load. I have no idea what info someone would need or whatnot. i can open the folder BOOTCAMP and search through my windows users and everything but cannot load it. Verified disk in disk utility, says nothing is wrong but won't let me load it. any advice or am i going to have to format it?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You gave us no information about your Mac, which version of OS X it's running, and what version of Windows is on it. How about providing that information and then we can try to answer your question.

OP
C
Reaction score
My apologies, i did forget that lol

OS X Yosemite Version 10.10.2
Macbook Pro (Retine, 13-inch, Mid 2014)
2.6 GHz Intel Core i5
8GB 1600 MHZ DDR3
Startup Disk- Macintosh HD
Intel Iris 1536 MB

I have windows 7 Ultimate on the BOOTCAMP portion of my hard drive.

Was working last week.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Thanks for posting your specs. Windows 7 will likely have to be repaired in order to restore its boot sector. Sometimes this works using Boot Camp, sometimes it doesn't. What I recommend you do is make a clone copy of your Windows partition first in case you have to reinstall it. The best software to do that is WinClone (not free) which you can download from here.

How to repair Windows 7 with an installation disk

This may or may not work. If you have to reinstall Windows 7 (make a clone first), be sure to completely remove it first using the Boot Camp assistant from OS X. DO NOT use Disk Utility or any other method as that will cause more problems.

Let us know.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.