PDA

View Full Version : number plate recognition

balsembi
04-29-2015, 09:22 PM
hi all, are there any wizzards out there that can drag out the details to reveal a number plate on a dark grey van? it hit the rear of my vehicle and fled the scene.
any help will be much appreciated. a short video is available too if needed.
thanks

pigoo3
04-29-2015, 09:58 PM
Can't do anything without any info.

It's kind of like asking…"How many beans in the jar?"…without showing us the jar!

- Nick

XJ-linux
05-04-2015, 08:56 PM
If you have the plate number of the dark van that hit you, there's and app for that. It's called the police. For the price of the taxes you already pay, they will take that plate number, investigate and help remedy the situation for you if at all possible.

chas_m
05-05-2015, 06:36 AM
XJ: I think it's pretty clear from the first post that the OP does not have a picture or video of sufficient quality that he or she can make out the license plate number, seems a bit obvious.

balsembi: usually turning up the contrast on a photo in a photo-editing program can help with this, but of course there are limits.

TattooedMac
05-05-2015, 06:49 AM
At the OP, take a screen cap of a the best frame in the video, upload the image somewhere, where we can download it, and see if someone can't freshen it up for you. I have Topaz De-Noise so could help some.

XJ-linux
05-05-2015, 09:46 AM
XJ: I think it's pretty clear from the first post that the OP does not have a picture or video of sufficient quality that he or she can make out the license plate number, seems a bit obvious.

chas_m: Believe it or not, the police do have access to video enhancement and recovery technology. Some of it is explicitly designed and purpose built by software engineers to address these very tasks. That is a bit obvious as well.