• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

NordVPN deal

Reaction score
Buyer beware. NordVPN is advertised by Mac-Forums as suitable for Mac or PC. It is only after you make a purchase and go to the downloads page you find out there is no software for Mac yet. Furthermore you are not told that there will be no refund. On a PC, Nord VPN is very slow to connect to any server and even slower to connect to any website.

Mac-Forums refuses a refund even if the software is not redeemed and you have not obtained a key.

Mac-Forums is really only StackSocial and there latest offering from ibVPN is also non refundable. As these policies are fraudulent, I recommend avoiding any form of purchase from Mac-Forums or StackSocial.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Mac-Forums has no connection with Stack Social, nor do we recommend their products or have anything to do with their practices. If you have a complaint regarding Stack Social, direct your complaint to iNET or the Better Business Bureau. The owner of Mac-Forums who is iNET should be made aware. Furthermore, if you made payment with your credit card, then you should take this up with the issuer of that card and ask them to back-charge the payment to Stack Social and give you a credit.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Mac-Forums refuses a refund even if the software is not redeemed and you have not obtained a key.
Because we can't as we don't sell anything. The issue you have is with the seller of the software, not us. Indeed, blaming us is like blaming the city you live in if you are dissatisfied with a product you bought that you were alerted to because of a billboard by a park.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Contact Stacksocial about it - here.

Point them to the page their own page that clearly states it is compatible with the Mac and Android, when in fact it is not available for either one of them.

OP
G
Reaction score
How could I be so wrong?
receipt.jpg

Contacting Nord I was redirected to Mac-Forums who sometimes replied as StackSocial and stated they would not provide a refund. Yes, I will work with the card issuer. Thank you all and I hope this assists others who may be tempted by more Mac-Forums deals.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Everything on that site is run by Stack Social... they would be the ones to contact.

Your CC company should also work in this case to reverse the charge.
Although, with a software purchase you may have to prove the point with your bank.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Extremely misleading then as the actual invoice appears in the name of Mac-Forums. If this Stack Social whoever they may be are issuing invoices under the name Mac-Forums it would appear they own the right to the name.

C

chas_m

Mac-Forums (iNet) appears to be acting as a reseller for Stack Social, but ultimately SS is the vendor. Likely, iNet is simply getting a kickback for their "rebranding" of the deal (several sites do this with Stack Social).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.