PDA

View Full Version : NordVPN deal

gobeck
04-27-2015, 06:25 PM
Buyer beware. NordVPN is advertised by Mac-Forums as suitable for Mac or PC. It is only after you make a purchase and go to the downloads page you find out there is no software for Mac yet. Furthermore you are not told that there will be no refund. On a PC, Nord VPN is very slow to connect to any server and even slower to connect to any website.

Mac-Forums refuses a refund even if the software is not redeemed and you have not obtained a key.

Mac-Forums is really only StackSocial and there latest offering from ibVPN is also non refundable. As these policies are fraudulent, I recommend avoiding any form of purchase from Mac-Forums or StackSocial.

chscag
04-27-2015, 06:36 PM
Mac-Forums has no connection with Stack Social, nor do we recommend their products or have anything to do with their practices. If you have a complaint regarding Stack Social, direct your complaint to iNET or the Better Business Bureau. The owner of Mac-Forums who is iNET should be made aware. Furthermore, if you made payment with your credit card, then you should take this up with the issuer of that card and ask them to back-charge the payment to Stack Social and give you a credit.

vansmith
04-27-2015, 07:50 PM
Mac-Forums refuses a refund even if the software is not redeemed and you have not obtained a key.Because we can't as we don't sell anything. The issue you have is with the seller of the software, not us. Indeed, blaming us is like blaming the city you live in if you are dissatisfied with a product you bought that you were alerted to because of a billboard by a park.

bobtomay
04-27-2015, 08:14 PM
Contact Stacksocial about it - here (https://stacksocial.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=63799).

Point them to the page their own page that clearly states it is compatible with the Mac and Android, when in fact it is not available for either one of them.

gobeck
04-27-2015, 09:01 PM
How could I be so wrong?
http://www.gobeck.ca/screenshots/receipt.jpg

Contacting Nord I was redirected to Mac-Forums who sometimes replied as StackSocial and stated they would not provide a refund. Yes, I will work with the card issuer. Thank you all and I hope this assists others who may be tempted by more Mac-Forums deals.

bobtomay
04-27-2015, 09:06 PM
Everything on that site is run by Stack Social... they would be the ones to contact.

Your CC company should also work in this case to reverse the charge.
Although, with a software purchase you may have to prove the point with your bank.

harryb2448
04-28-2015, 12:23 AM
Extremely misleading then as the actual invoice appears in the name of Mac-Forums. If this Stack Social whoever they may be are issuing invoices under the name Mac-Forums it would appear they own the right to the name.

chas_m
04-28-2015, 02:39 AM
Mac-Forums (iNet) appears to be acting as a reseller for Stack Social, but ultimately SS is the vendor. Likely, iNet is simply getting a kickback for their "rebranding" of the deal (several sites do this with Stack Social).