iTunes Get Info box

Reaction score
Does anyone know what happened to the comment field in the iTunes get info box? Anyway to get it back?

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
This is probably not the most efficient way to get that field in the new version but give this a try:

1. Open iTunes and select one or more tracks that you want to see the comments field.
2. Hold down the Option key while right clicking on one of the files you selected.
3. Continue holding the Option key and choose "Get Info" from the contextual menu. It also works if you choose the Get Info command in the File menu.

When the Get Info window appears it will have the Yosemite colors but contain the fields from other versions of iTunes. Click on the Details tab. The Comments field is there but you may have to scroll a bit to see it.

OP
Jagsfish
Reaction score
Comment field

Thank you for the response. When I open iTunes the comment field shows. It's when I highlight a song and click get info there is no comment field in that box.

Thanks

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
The comment field appears for me. iTunes says I have the current version (12.1.2). Make sure that you click the "Details" tab in the Get Info window and scroll downward if necessary.

BTW in my first post I indicated that you needed to hold down the Option key while selecting Get Info. Either that has changed recently or the tip I read was off a bit. Now I do not have to hold down the Option key to see the Comments field.

OP
Jagsfish
Reaction score
iTunes

Thanks. The comment field is all the way down at the bottom. It use to be right under groupings? Any way to move back to that spot so I don't need to scroll down. I use the comment field all the time.

Glen

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Thanks. The comment field is all the way down at the bottom. It use to be right under groupings? Any way to move back to that spot so I don't need to scroll down. I use the comment field all the time.

Glen

Sorry, Glen.

I've tried and cannot find any way of re-ordering the list of options. There may be a clever trick I've missed, but I don't think this has been possible in any iterations of iTunes.

Ian

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
You can enlarge the Get Info window to see all the boxes available by dragging the corners or sides.
No scrolling necessary.

I changed mine a month or 2 ago. It has maintained that size through reboots, etc. since then.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Fair point Tom, but I think the OP was looking for a way to re-order the list of options. Anyway, your suggestion certainly makes life easier, doubly so if it maintains the change.

Ian

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.