New to Mac and New to the forum

Reaction score
I just bought a Mac Mini and am loving it. Does anyone have any suggestions on must have software?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I just bought a Mac Mini and am loving it. Does anyone have any suggestions on must have software?

Yes, a copy of Carbon Copy Cloner or SuperDuper backup software in addition to the built in Time Machine backup software. There is no other software more important than a good backup application. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Yes, a copy of Carbon Copy Cloner or SuperDuper backup software in addition to the built in Time Machine backup software. There is no other software more important than a good backup application. ;)

+1!!! I can't believe I missed that but maybe because my CCC backup has just been so automatic all these years that I hardly notice. ;)

C

chas_m

I've actually got a post that deals with this very question. It's linked in my signature below.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.