Multiple USB on AirPort Express

Reaction score
I'm a recent convert to Mac, so forgive me if I sound stupid. I am running a Power Book G4 12' and just set up an AirPort Express wireless connection in my apartment. Everything is working fine. I can connect to the net and print from anywhere in my apartment. I was wondering if I could, by using a USB hub, connect more than one USB device, such as my scanner, to the AirPort? Any input would be appreciated.

F

Fallooza

Apple says that you can hook up a printer and the griffin airclick (its a remote) ta one express. ive never tryed but ya might be able ta use more than one printer. no scanners work with the expess.

OP
roewert
Reaction score
Fallooza said:
Apple says that you can hook up a printer and the griffin airclick (its a remote) ta one express. ive never tryed but ya might be able ta use more than one printer. no scanners work with the expess.

I was afraid that might be the case... Thanks for the input!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3
You can however get a bluetooth adapter for your scanner to allow wireless over bluetooth.

OP
roewert
Reaction score
MacsWork said:
You can however get a bluetooth adapter for your scanner to allow wireless over bluetooth.

Any recomendations on which one to get and where the best place to get one is?
Thanks!

Reaction score
I don't know how good a bluetooth scanner would be to be honest. Scanners normally have quite a lot of data to pass and bluetooth is pretty low bandwidth. If you're used to using it via usb prepare to be slow!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.