Windows ME partition.

Reaction score
This is probably incredibly stupid, but I have no idea where to start with this.

There's a few pieces of software that would be incredibly helpful to me in the practice of a hobby of mine that are only Windows compatible. '95, '98, and ME, I believe. So I'd like to do a Windows partition on my hard drive. I've never done the Windows thing before, so I don't know if I need activation codes, etc. I know literally nothing about installing/running Windows. I was basically wondering if anyone could be so kind as to tell me if this disc and the provided information would suit my purposes. I don't want to buy something that's only going to be useful to me as a coaster. I only need it for like 3 programs. I won't be using the Windows partition for internet access or anything of that sort. Thanks so much.

Microsoft Windows Me Millennium Edition Full Version OBO | eBay

Reaction score
You get what you pay for. Just make sure the activation code works. And make sure whatever program you have will run in it.
Be advised it will not work with Bootcamp. You will have to use an emulator like VirtualBox or the like.

OP
P
Reaction score
Well ****. Maybe I'd be better off getting a dirt cheap laptop from a pawnshop or something? Since I don't need it to do much.

OP
P
Reaction score
Everything seems to run fine in Crossover, which I just discovered. Problem seems to be solved. Thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.