PDA

View Full Version : LG leaks 8k iMac?

Ttaylor394
04-08-2015, 03:32 PM
LG Display outs iMac with 'super high-res' 8K screen - CNET (http://www.cnet.com/au/news/lg-outs-imac-with-8k-display-for-later-this-year/)

I caught this story after the LG source had pulled the blurb about Apple releasing 8k iMacs.

I'm skeptical... so lets see what a bunch of other skeptical people will say..

GO!

vansmith
04-08-2015, 06:26 PM
Even if this were true (which I doubt), I have to ask "why?" Who needs that many pixels when so much of what we use doesn't even properly support 4K.

Just imagine how small everything would be...

pm-r
04-08-2015, 06:36 PM
Even if this were true (which I doubt), I have to ask "why?" Who needs that many pixels when so much of what we use doesn't even properly support 4K.

Just imagine how small everything would be...

+1!!!

I was just about to post almost the same thing. And too much too soon, and who would the customers be and maybe add why… ;)

harryb2448
04-08-2015, 06:50 PM
Stated here often - avoid everything from CNET!

Ttaylor394
04-08-2015, 11:11 PM
Stated here often - avoid everything from CNET!

First time I've been told that, no joke. haha
I have no need for 8k, thats for sure..
Sold an iMac 21.5 circa 2010 just a few weeks ago... the next desktop will be a 5k.. some day...

pigoo3
04-09-2015, 12:22 AM
First time I've been told that, no joke. haha

Another tip regarding CNET. Not the safest place to download files/apps. The website has so many advertisements, banners, popups, etc….that actually clicking on the proper thing can be difficult.

Before you know it…your have MacKeeper or CleanMyMac installed by accident…and then BIG problems!

- Nick

TattooedMac
04-09-2015, 12:29 AM
8k, I cal BS.
Apple have just released their 5K Display iMac. If anything, you will see a upgrade of the Notebook range, so every one of them has Retina, before we go down the route of a 8K display. Considering there wouldn't be a 0.001% of users, if that, that would require 8K. MacPro would get support before anything else.