Wireless printing to XP pc FRUSTRATING

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Air, 20" iMac 2.17 Ghz 1GB
Ok, so I downloaded and installed the Unix foomatic program from the Linuxprinting.org site, ghostimage, and the hpljis driver as suggested on one of the apple forum discussions on how to get a unix based apple to print wirelessly. Now my computer seems to recognize my XP computer's shared printer and has what HP says to be the correct unix driver - the same one the form said to use, however when I print something from my powerbook while watching the queue on the XP box, in the queue I see my job appear with the username as "guest" with the name of the document "Remote downlevel document" no page progress ever appears and the status stays on spooling until the thing is sent (docs very quick, jpegs long enough to watch some of what's happening, but just as soon as it spools, it disappears from the queue and is not sent to the printer. I get no errors on either machine, it just goes away. Has anyone managed to successfully get this to work???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3
OP
rcltrh
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Air, 20" iMac 2.17 Ghz 1GB
:) That would surely help. It should not be this difficult. Sharing files is a cinch but this printer is driving me crazy :mad:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
i tried for a month to print to a printer attached to my pc. i never got it to work. it froze the printer a couple of times, but never got it to work. my solution was to get an iMac. Sorry

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.