PDA

View Full Version : Mid 2010 white MacBook

nickyr
04-02-2015, 07:00 AM
Can I just take a moment to extol the virtues of my 2010 MacBook.

It's been a lifesaver while I have been in hospital, running faultlessly with the hospital wi-fi and generally just being a robust, faultless machine.

Yes it has the cosmetic crack problem around the hinges but a cover hides those nicely and otherwise it looks and performs as well today as the day I bought it some 5 years ago or so.

I've upgraded the RAM to 4GB so it runs Yosemite with no problems.

All hail the white MacBook, at the time Apple's cheapest notebook, what a superb machine!!!

Slydude
04-02-2015, 10:11 AM
That machine is just a young shaver compared to my '08 MacBook Pro. lol I share the sentiment though.

nancyspeed
05-16-2015, 12:32 AM
Checked in here just to see how you were doing. Glad you are still among us.

My 2008 macbook is slowly falling apart. I plan on buying another notebook in June. I have a huge learning curve ahead of me.

So sorry you are ill. Hang in there.

nickyr
05-17-2015, 07:24 PM
well my trusty friend is back in hospital with me! only in for 3 days for some chemo before my stem cell work starts :-)

Demapples
05-20-2015, 05:44 AM
I inherited one of those from a family member who thought it was dead. Got it going with a new hard drive and other bits. Makes a great companion for situations like yours. Great to have that connection with the world when stuck in hospital. Cheers and get well soon.