Missing side list.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini. Intel Core i7. 16 GB Mem.
Before I upgraded to Yosemite I used to have like a sidebar where I could choose what ever I wanted to see...events, library etc. and now when I open iPhoto I see it very briefly and it goes away and I see the Events photos which I don't want. How do I get the list back?
thanks for any help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Before I upgraded to Yosemite I used to have like a sidebar where I could choose what ever I wanted to see...events, library etc. and now when I open iPhoto I see it very briefly and it goes away and I see the Events photos which I don't want. How do I get the list back?
thanks for any help.

The sidebar is persistent for me in iPhoto, and I don't even see a way to hide it. Now if you are using full screen mode, then some of the items in the sidebar move down to the bottom of the screen and are accessible there. Is this what's happening here... are you using full-screen mode?

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You were absolutely right. I was in full screen mode.

Thanks for you help.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Have another question for you. Why do I get an exclamation mark when I try to enlarge a picture and how do I get rid of it.
thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Have another question for you. Why do I get an exclamation mark when I try to enlarge a picture and how do I get rid of it.
thanks

I don't know. I tried "zooming" in on a photo and didn't get an exclamation mark. Can you detail what exact steps you are using, and maybe post a screen cap?

Also, what version of iPhoto are you using?

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm using iPhoto 9.6.1.
I open iPhoto and click on Photos on the left side and I click on one of the thumbnails and when it opens full screen I get an exclamation mark. I have a screen shot of it, but I don't know how to post it here. How would I do that?

Thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.