PDA

View Full Version : Unable to import video from iPhone to iPhoto?

dorian86
03-19-2015, 10:34 PM
As the title says, I'm having troubles importing my iPhone video to iPhoto. A window pop-ups and says that there was an error importing the selected videos.

Any suggestions?

Also, while I'm here, is there a way to record webcam video directly in the new version of iMovie or do I need to use Photo Booth?

Thanks for your support guys!

Cheers!

TattooedMac
03-19-2015, 10:45 PM
All I could suggest is to open Photos on iPhone, select the movie, and tap on the 'Open in' Icon (rectangle with Arrow pointing up) then either Airdrop it to your Mac, or send it via MSG or any other way you use to get things from iPhone to Mac, and then drag it into iPhoto.
If you Airdrop it, it will be in the Downloads folder. Try opening it with VLC or Quicktime as well. It could very well be a corrupt file, but VLC should tell you or not if it is, if it opens.

As to Webcam, you can use Photo Booth, or Quicktime (It is the App I Prefer) and then import it into iMovie. iMovie is just a Movie editor, and not a recorder, but as I said, there are various ways to make a Movie from the iSight camera.

HTH

Cheers

dorian86
03-20-2015, 10:41 AM
Thanks a lot for your helpful reply. It didn't even occur to me to try Quicktime. It is certainly better than the basic Photo Booth recording app.

Have great day!