PDA

View Full Version : Apple iPhone 7

sanjaynegi94
03-19-2015, 04:25 AM
iPhone 7 release date rumours, features and images - News - Macworld UK (http://www.macworld.co.uk/news/iphone/iphone-7-rumours-roundup-release-date-new-features-images-3530504/)

Is this phone real?

chas_m
03-19-2015, 04:58 AM
No. These articles are just speculation and computer CGI imaginings, not based on any actual information. The next iPhone will probably be released in October, but the odd-year iPhone releases have traditionally been called the "s" model, as in iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4S, and iPhone 5s.

Should Apple stick to that, the next iPhones are likely to be called the iPhone 6s, and iPhone 6s Plus.

What the features of that future iPhone will be, nobody outside Apple actually knows.

Drella
03-27-2015, 11:51 AM
Will be a 6S, not a 7

TheWknd
06-22-2015, 08:02 PM
off topic but I wish they'd can the S range. It's clearly just a way to cash out before they release another model

chas_m
06-22-2015, 11:47 PM
off topic but I wish they'd can the S range. It's clearly just a way to cash out before they release another model

Not really, no.

The iPhone designs cost Apple millions ... But they're supposed to throw all that hard work away after a year?!

In point of fact, the "S" models are actually the ones the savvy users buy. They fix any hardware flaws Apple had in the "1.0" of the new phone design, add features, often add new hardware like better cameras. The 5S introduced Touch ID, which is a LIFE CHANGER ... wasn't on the 5 ...

TheWknd
06-23-2015, 10:22 PM
Not really, no.

The iPhone designs cost Apple millions ... But they're supposed to throw all that hard work away after a year?!

In point of fact, the "S" models are actually the ones the savvy users buy. They fix any hardware flaws Apple had in the "1.0" of the new phone design, add features, often add new hardware like better cameras. The 5S introduced Touch ID, which is a LIFE CHANGER ... wasn't on the 5 ...

The touch ID is massively helpful, I'll give you that. It doesn't affect me because my upgrade cycle falls around the time the 1.0 is released, I'd just hate to get the same hardware a year late. But then I am hopelessly shallow and just want new toys :Blushing:, a slightly improved camera really doesn't bother me

Lifeisabeach
06-23-2015, 10:30 PM
The touch ID is massively helpful, I'll give you that. It doesn't affect me because my upgrade cycle falls around the time the 1.0 is released, I'd just hate to get the same hardware a year late. But then I am hopelessly shallow and just want new toys :Blushing:, a slightly improved camera really doesn't bother me

Same hardware? In the 's' model vs the prior? Ahahahahahahahahahahahah..... that's so misinformed it's not even funny. No wait, it is funny. Ahahahahahahahahahahahah! The only thing that is consistent is the form factor and maybe the screen. Everything else gets improved, usually significantly.

EDIT: Take a look at the benchmarks for the iPhone 5S vs the prior models. If you try to tell me that's the same hardware as the iPhone 5, I'm going to have you committed to an asylum.
Benchmarks: iPhone 5s lives up to the hype | Macworld (http://www.macworld.com/article/2049270/benchmarks-iphone-5s-lives-up-to-the-hype.html)

chas_m
08-16-2015, 03:02 AM
But the article might also be true on some cases. I hope Apple won't make iPhone 7 or iPhone 6s "incredible thinner" as it is more susceptible to bending damage just like iPhone 6.

Every indication we have is that the iPhone 6s and 6s plus will look identical on the outside to the present model ... Exactly as every previous alternate-year model has sine the iPhone 4. "Bendgate" turned out to be mostly malarkey-- when was the last time we saw a post about a bent iPhone 6 in this forum?

lclev
08-18-2015, 10:57 AM
"Bengate" was a farce. I carry my iPhone 6+ in my back pocket all the time. I have a very light leather case on it and I sit on the phone all the time. It is as flat as the day I got it almost 10 months now.

If you grab any phone and apply enough pressure you can get it to bend at it's weakest point. Those that did the bend test on the iPhone 6+ were ridiculous. They exceeded more than reasonable stress on the phone then screamed, "Look! it bends!" Ya think! What ever.... The iPhone 6+ is a tough little thin sucker. I have been very pleased with how it has stood up to everyday use.

Lisa

"Rajbir1994 "
08-18-2015, 11:44 PM
When will come iPhone 7? Waiting for a newly one. LOL!

chscag
08-19-2015, 12:17 AM
Reliable sources indicate that the next iPhone will be a 6s and 6s+. You might see an iPhone 7 sometime late 2016.

"Rajbir1994 "
08-20-2015, 06:14 AM
Okey! Will wait for that one.

dtravis7
08-20-2015, 10:04 AM
Okey! Will wait for that one.

Why wait? When the 6s comes out later this year it will have a way faster CPU and performance. Why wait? :D

Bryen6611
08-21-2015, 11:26 AM
any confirm news about iPhone 7?

chscag
08-21-2015, 02:38 PM
any confirm news about iPhone 7?

Did you read what has already been posted in this thread?

RONE
08-21-2015, 03:18 PM
Did you read what has already been posted in this thread?

That would take effort.

maxwell2112
08-25-2015, 05:54 PM
I have always upgraded on the "s" models. If anything it's a spec upgrade which is what I always figured the s stands for. There are only so many great new features they can bring to the smart phone year after year but a faster processor and more memory is a worthwhile effort to put into an already successful product. Apple is not "cashing out" at anyone's' expense.

Luther Mac
09-09-2015, 01:43 PM
Here's a novel approach...

How about Apple stop messing with the camera, iOS, processor, and gimmicks and just give us this:

A PHONE THAT CAN BE DROPPED WITHOUT SHATTERING

&

WATERPROOF SO I DONT NEED A OBNOXIOUS LIFEPROOF CASE

The camera is good enough. We got plenty of good apps (as long as their is a calculator app, Im good). iOS doesnt need tweaking. Web browsing is fine. Apple Pay is nice. Passbook is cool. iTunes is iTunes. Now just fix the 2 issues that Apple shouldve addressed years ago.

Raz0rEdge
09-09-2015, 05:46 PM

How about Apple stop messing with the camera, iOS, processor, and gimmicks and just give us this:

&

The camera is good enough. We got plenty of good apps (as long as their is a calculator app, Im good). iOS doesnt need tweaking. Web browsing is fine. Apple Pay is nice. Passbook is cool. iTunes is iTunes. Now just fix the 2 issues that Apple shouldve addressed years ago.

Please tell us what other electronic devices you've seen that are truly waterproof and oh also ANYTHING out there that doesn't break when dropped on the floor that isn't a piece of wood or something like that.

How about looking at the devices for what they are and making smart posts about it?

vansmith
09-09-2015, 06:50 PM

A PHONE THAT CAN BE DROPPED WITHOUT SHATTERINGPerhaps you just have bad luck but I've dropped both my iPhone and iPad, particularly the former, numerous times on concrete and aside from a few dings, there isn't a scratch on them. The glass backed iPhones on the other hand do crack easily.

Luther Mac
09-09-2015, 07:14 PM
The glass backed iPhones on the other hand do crack easily.

That's what I was referring too.

Luther Mac
09-09-2015, 07:18 PM
Please tell us what other electronic devices you've seen that are truly waterproof and oh also ANYTHING out there that doesn't break when dropped

So if I find another product that is already doing what I request, then Apple will be able to copy it and produce it?

That sounds about like Apple's business model. Shame on me for expecting them to be the least bit innovative.

Bottom line, until they address these two key issues, the rest are all gimmicks.

Mobile Phone:
- make calls
- text
- gps
- camera
- mp3 player
- web browse
- calculator
- durable

That's all that matter. And Apple is still ignoring two of those key components while focusing on gimmicks like "force touch" and creating industries with contactless payment.

Crawl... Walk... Run...

pigoo3
09-09-2015, 07:52 PM
So if I find another product that is already doing what I request, then Apple will be able to copy it and produce it?

How many other mainstream cellphones are both water-proof and break/drop proof?

Remember…I said "mainstream". Not some super-rugged, out-doorsy, military grade product.

- Nick

Luther Mac
09-09-2015, 09:36 PM
How many other mainstream cellphones are both water-proof and break/drop proof?

Remember…I said "mainstream". Not some super-rugged, out-doorsy, military grade product.

- Nick

Show me a single "mainstream" cell phone that has force-touch. There isnt one. But Apple went and invented it right? So why not invent something that we've actually needed since the dawn of the iPhone... a screen that doesnt crack every time the wind picks up and waterproof. Those are pretty obvious needs. Ive never heard anyone complain that their phone didnt have force touch.

chscag
09-09-2015, 09:47 PM
This is the second time I've had to edit one of your posts in this thread. The first for disguised language and this last one for insulting remarks. Let's keep the discussion on a nice polite level and keep the politics or whatever else out of it.

Lifeisabeach
09-09-2015, 10:09 PM
Show me a single "mainstream" cell phone that has force-touch. There isnt one. But Apple went and invented it right? So why not invent something that we've actually needed since the dawn of the iPhone... a screen that doesnt crack every time the wind picks up and waterproof. Those are pretty obvious needs. Ive never heard anyone complain that their phone didnt have force touch.

Maybe these are engineering/physics issues that have yet to be conquered, at least not without significant compromises to other desirable features? Nah, it couldn't be that. It's easier to lambast Apple for not solving a problem that no one else has solved either.

Luther Mac
09-09-2015, 10:14 PM
It's easier to lambast Apple for not solving a problem that no one else has solved either.

Thus my tongue in cheek remark/joke about Apple needing someone else to invent it/bring it to market first so they can then release it and say they invented it.

Flew right over your heads.

Slydude
09-09-2015, 10:59 PM
Users couldn't possibly have complained about that feature since it has not existed until the most recent Mac notebooks hit the market. Companies invent products / features users haven't requested all the time and don't necessarily wait for all the kinks to be worked out in existing features before making "improvements". It's not only one of the hallmarks of innovation it's also one of the reasons being an early adopter can be a pain.

BTW Although I personally don't need improvements to the iPhone / iPad camera that obviously motivates some customers. If it didn't, other manufacturers wouldn't be touting improvements in their cameras.

Luther Mac
09-09-2015, 11:11 PM
it's also one of the reasons being an early adopter can be a pain.

If we're going to have a discussion, let's at least keep things honest. Apple is not an early adopter or "innovative". Theyve got a long history of NOT being the first to release tech they get credit for. Theyre simply the one's that market themselves the best and often have the most user friendly version's of said already existing technology. They didnt invent the smart phone, or are we going to pretend they did? If so, Im done with this conversation.

That said, youre really not seeing the forest from the trees on my complaint. iPhones are not durable. They never have been. It's a much needed area of attention. While camera improvements have been nice over the years, we're now at the point where motion pictures have been filmed soley with iPhones. Any new progression in this area is just a gimmick to dance around addressing the areas that arent as low hanging fruit.

I never said inventing a waterproof phone would be easy. I said it's needed. Much more so than a new camera or processor or form factor. Apple already has us all hooked on their product. They no longer need cheap marketing tricks to keep us on the hook. It's time they start making improvements that have substance.

The AppleTV is a prime example. The current version has been nice. The new version is a complete overhaul that gives fans of the AppleTV everything they thought the original version would be initially. No new S versions released bi-yearly with hokie new form factors. Just a quality noticeable improvement on a already good product.

Maybe it's too much to ask. This is Apple we're talking about after all: The #1 best marketed product in the world. So long as they keep putting their money into shiny ways to sell us the same things, you will buy it. Nobody is asking for a new camera on their iPad. The lemmings only think they need it because Apple tells them they do. Me? I'd prefer they actually put some of that money into a more durable screen. But that's just me apparently. Oh well.

Slydude
09-10-2015, 12:00 AM
First, let name clarify something. When I mentioned the pains of being an early adopter I was referring to the pains a customer might experience not any problems Apple might experience.

I completely understand your contention that the iPhone needs to be more durable. There are others who might disagree with you. Could Apple produce a more waterproof / more durable version of an iPhone? Perhaps. It might, however, require changes that most users are not particularly interested in. Look at the Toughbook line of notebooks for example. While they have their uses that form factor / cost is not exactly the norm for PC notebooks. If there were tons of pent up demand for that in either phones/notebooks there would be more being sold.

Edit: If innovation is taken to include "a person who introduces new methods, ideas, or products" Apple clearly meets that standard. The common definition of innovation is not limited to being the first to create a product / service. Innovation can, and often does, include people who make changes to existing products. Henry Ford, for example is not considered an innovator because he produced the first car (he wasn't). His innovations to the form factor / production method are considered innovative because they resulted in cars that became somewhat ubiquitous.

Luther Mac
09-10-2015, 04:55 AM
If there were tons of pent up demand for that in either phones/notebooks there would be more being sold.

You are sorta making my point.

I have a waterproof iPhone. Many people do. It's called a Lifeproof case (or one of the other brands that make similar products).

Why dont more people buy these cases? Because theyre bulky and ugly. Admittedly a Toughbook "isnt for everyone". But it's not because people dont want more durable stuff. It's because the product looks like crap.

Apple wouldnt have to give up other features. They can figure out a way. It's what engineers do. They figure it out. A engineer's biggest obstacle is not "how to" something it's how do they get it approved by the marketing dept and then get it past the bean counters. Sadly, for the consumer, those 2 wings carry the most weight in every company, ESPECIALLY Apple. It doesnt really serve them any financial gain to release a more durable iPhone. Not because it's not possible, but because it's not profitable. And that, my friend, is lame.

Apple has such a strong brand & such loyal consumers. They dont need to rely on attrition to rely on repeat customers. As I said, they already got us on the hook. Everyone is going to buy the newest iGadget for the same reason they bought the last one: it's fashionable to have the latest Apple product. They can lean on that strength for the next decade. I think they are aware of their products danty nature and bank on the fact that a ton of consumers have to replace their phones long before the internal hardware/software ever needs replacement. It's busch league. It's unnecessary. We're going to buy the latest greatest anyways. So just build a better product.

It's not like Samsung is any better. That stupid "edge" gimmick? Gimme a break. Theyre a screen on the back of the phone away from jumping the shark at this point.

Edit: If innovation is taken to include "a person who introduces new methods, ideas, or products" Apple clearly meets that standard. The common definition of innovation is not limited to being the first to create a product / service. Innovation can, and often does, include people who make changes to existing products. Henry Ford, for example is not considered an innovator because he produced the first car (he wasn't). His innovations to the form factor / production method are considered innovative because they resulted in cars that became somewhat ubiquitous.

The definition of innovative is one that introduces new methods that are both advanced & original.

Apple does neither.

Their core business is a pretty product, marketed superbly, that is supposed to work flawlessly.

Kinda like an AR-15 assault rifle when clean & new. Get em a lil dirty and they are about a useless as a broken down preacher in a zombie apocalypse. On the other hand u have the AK-47? Drop em in the mud and shake the mud off and they still fire like the day they were new. Kinda like Daryl.

I guess I just want my iPhone to have a bit more AK-47 to it. That's not too much to ask from a loyal Apple product owner.

bobtomay
09-10-2015, 07:15 AM

&

Personally - don't need nor require nor would I request an improvement in either one of those areas. Count me in the minority, but I don't think so. I think you are in the minority or more people would be buying just such a phone or just such a case for the phone they do want.

i've been using the iPhone since day 1. Don't get a new one every year. I go 2-3 years with each phone. Gone from the 1 to the 3GS to the 5S. My wife went from the 1 to the 3GS to the 4S after it became the free upgrade with our carrier. Selling those 2-3 year old phones have paid or more than paid for the upgrades each time.

None of my phones have been kept in a case. My 5S: it's been dropped on the concrete of my driveway twice, parking lot pavement at least a dozen times, it's fallen or been knocked to the ground outside and floor in my house/office more times than I can even begin to count. It's also been submerged in water twice. I carry it in my back pocket and sit on it pretty much all day everyday when it's not being used. It rarely goes an hour without being used - all day every day and goes everywhere I go. Personally, I 'd call that a pretty darn durable device. I had beepers and old fashioned 2 brick sized mobile phones back in the day that wouldn't hold a candle to the beating I put my iPhones through, much less the capabilities of the iPhone.

The iPhone has a lot of stuff/features that I'll personally never use. But, even as someone in their 60s, I still enjoy seeing the new innovations and ideas coming out. The new pressure sensitivity looks pretty sweet. The live pictures, that's another pretty cool innovation that is going to capture a lot of folks.

My vote, is for Apple to keep doing what they do (even with all the trouble they've had with Apple Music since it started and you can read my views on that elsewhere in the forum) - I don't care about having a phone that can withstand every 10' drop test they can come up with nor do I care about it being waterproof to cover my own negligence in taking care of my property.

edit:
After posting and re-reading that, I realized now I'm starting to sound like a fan boy. I'm not really, but I do like most of their products.

pigoo3
09-10-2015, 10:09 AM
Show me a single "mainstream" cell phone that has force-touch.

That's not the point. I asked you to name a "mainstream" cellphone that is both water-proof and break-proof. Don't try to deflect the conversation by complaining about a new feature like force-touch.

Water-proofing and break-proofing a cellphone is not easy. It does add cost, and it would probably add weight. Lower cost & lighter weight…are highly desired features. Adding cost & adding weight…are not desirable features. If all mainstream cell phone manufacturers were selling water-proof & break-proof cellphones…then Apple would too. It's not about innovation or leading the pack. If these features were highly desirable…mainstream cellphone manufacturers would have been doing it years ago. These just aren't "sexy" features. Believe me. There are MANY other features the average cellphone customer wants before these!

- Mainstream laptop computers and tablets are not water-proof or break-proof either!
- Not all wrist watches are waterproof.
- Infants & babies are not water-proof or break proof.
- Eggs are not break-proof.

Should we wrap everything in a condom so it's water proof…and surround it in foam so it's break proof just because some folks cannot be responsible.

Do you want solutions to your water-proof & break-proof issues?? Be a responsible cellphone owner. STOP dropping your cellphone…and STOP getting it wet!:)

- Nick

Luther Mac
09-10-2015, 02:06 PM
. Count me in the minority,

I do consider u in the minority.

I know girls that go thru 4 iPhones a year due to their negligence.

The extreme cases are not what I'm about. I'm talking about the avg person that has seen their iPhone accidentally slip out of their pocket as they're exiting their car and after a 2 1/2 foot drop the screen is cracked.

If u wanna bring up outliers, go for it. There's exceptions to every rule.

Luther Mac
09-10-2015, 02:13 PM
That's not the point. I asked you to name a "mainstream" cellphone that is both water-proof and break-proof. Don't try to deflect the conversation by complaining about a new feature like force-touch.

Water-proofing and break-proofing a cellphone is not easy. It does add cost, and it would probably add weight. Lower cost & lighter weight…are highly desired features. Adding cost & adding weight…are not desirable features. If all mainstream cell phone manufacturers were selling water-proof & break-proof cellphones…then Apple would too. It's not about innovation or leading the pack. If these features were highly desirable…mainstream cellphone manufacturers would have been doing it years ago. These just aren't "sexy" features. Believe me. There are MANY other features the average cellphone customer wants before these!

- Mainstream laptop computers and tablets are not water-proof or break-proof either!
- Not all wrist watches are waterproof.
- Infants & babies are not water-proof or break proof.
- Eggs are not break-proof.

Should we wrap everything in a condom so it's water proof…and surround it in foam so it's break proof just because some folks cannot be responsible.

Do you want solutions to your water-proof & break-proof issues?? Be a responsible cellphone owner. STOP dropping your cellphone…and STOP getting it wet!:)

- Nick

U got a real reading comprehension issue. I suggest u slow down & think about ur responses better.

I never said I wanted a "break proof" device. I said they need to address the fragility of their product.

If u think consumer demand is what makes Apple's decisions then u haven't really been paying attention to their story.

Phones that break easily are simply more profitable. But enjoy ur gimmicks. Force touch is gonna light the world on fire.

The fact that u are defending Apple like a soccer mom defends her kid is so laughable.

Luther Mac
09-10-2015, 03:56 PM

edit:
After posting and re-reading that, I realized now I'm starting to sound like a fan boy. I'm not really, but I do like most of their products.

This comment is so refreshing to read. Kudos.

Tho, be careful of calling yourself a fanboi. The moderators here will get offended with ur slander and start deleting ur posts as a result.

pigoo3
09-10-2015, 04:05 PM
Tho, be careful of calling yourself a fanboi. The moderators here will get offended with ur slander and start deleting ur posts as a result.

"bobtomay" is a moderator.;)

- Nick

vansmith
09-10-2015, 04:29 PM
I know girls that go thru 4 iPhones a year due to their negligence.If you're going to claim it as personal negligence, how is that Apple's fault?

The extreme cases are not what I'm about. I'm talking about the avg person that has seen their iPhone accidentally slip out of their pocket as they're exiting their car and after a 2 1/2 foot drop the screen is cracked.And I've seen (and experienced) other phones succumb to exactly the same thing.

U got a real reading comprehension issue. I suggest u slow down & think about ur responses better.Not to sound rude, but it's not really fair to call people out on comprehension skills by using distressingly flawed writing.

The fact that u are defending Apple like a soccer mom defends her kid is so laughable.The fact that you're making claims without any semblance of evidence to support them makes your assertion, to use your word, laughable. At this point, you're going to have to provide some evidence beyond gendered stereotypes about female clumsiness or really limited anecdotes with no support.

I'm also going to be quite blunt here - if your next post isn't civil and, even in the slightest sense, comments on the personal character of others here, I'll be closing this down.

Slydude
09-10-2015, 06:56 PM
This conversation is starting to go in circles.

I will add the following:Customer demand / ideas clearly form one part of Apple's decisions. There have been many times Apple has seemed to run counter to customer wishes you can't survive for long with that model slick marketing or not. Companies relying solely, or even primarily on marketing don't last as long as Apple has managed to hang on.

I'm on my third iPhone. Shifting from the 3GS to the iPhone 4 was necessary because I broke the volume rocker on the 3GS. Since the 5 series phones were already out I got a deal on the 4 that was too good to pass up. My 6+ was came about because of a carrier change. My wife went from a 3GS to a 6+ only because we changed carriers otherwise she would still be using her 3GS.

lclev
09-10-2015, 08:02 PM
Slydude - I knew there was a reason I liked you! (Other than the fact you you have a "brilliant future" :* ) You both have iPhone 6+ which proves your excellent taste in iPhones. :Cool:

Seriously, All this discussion on what the future iPhone 7 will end up being irrelevant. We can list our wishes but, ultimately it will be what Apple decides.

Lisa

Slydude
09-10-2015, 08:46 PM
Slydude - I knew there was a reason I liked you! (Other than the fact you you have a "brilliant future" :* ) You both have iPhone 6+ which proves your excellent taste in iPhones. :Cool:

Lisa

Lol. Thanks. Wonder if I can parlay that "brilliant future" into an iPad Pro or new Apple TV?

lclev
09-10-2015, 08:55 PM
Good luck with that. Maybe if you can get your better half to go along with it.

Seriously, the iPad Pro has a hefty price tag. And in my case if I ever decided I need one I would have to add all kinds of bling to it - the pen, a cool case, a keyboard. Yeah, and I have my husband convinced I am low maintenance. ;)

I haven't really looked at Apple TV. Until fast internet reaches my rural area it is a mute point. I can barely stream Netflix with lots of buffering and no other device using my internet.

Lisa

Slydude
09-10-2015, 09:04 PM
Good luck with that. Maybe if you can get your better half to go along with it.

Seriously, the iPad Pro has a hefty price tag. And in my case if I ever decided I need one I would have to add all kinds of bling to it - the pen, a cool case, a keyboard. Yeah, and I have my husband convinced I am low maintenance. ;)

Lisa
Probably not going to happen. It took a lot of talking to get her to change to the 6+. If it hadn't been for some signal issues with the carrier we might not have changed when we did.

I'm not sure I would do the iPad Pro either. I'm not sure it would have the horsepower needed to be my main computer and without that I couldn't justify the cost.

Raz0rEdge
09-10-2015, 09:32 PM
Enough!