PDA

View Full Version : Which Video Editing software for home video use - Final Cut Pro X?

tawmii
03-19-2015, 01:11 AM
I am HATING iMovie at the moment. It just keeps crashing continually. I have over 300 home movies edited into iMovie projects that I am now trying to gradually export via Quicktime so I have a final movie that is not dependent upon itunes. I have 6 portable hard drives connected and events and projects and .mov files all over the place. I feel like starting from scratch again.
Why does iMovie keep crashing anyway? Will this problem NOT happen with Final Cut Pro X? Or should I look at Adobe Premiere Elements?
I just want basic editing tasks. iMovie has been fantastic except for the crash factor.

chas_m
03-19-2015, 05:04 AM
Maybe it would be worth figuring out why iMovie is crashing? It obviously hasn't always done so, if you have managed to put 300 projects together ...

IWT
03-19-2015, 05:58 AM
Dear tawmii

Welcome to the Forums. As chas_m rightly points out iMovie has worked well for you in the past and should continue to do so. My work output is way short of yours, but I've never had any iMovie problems (that weren't of my own doing!).

To start with, it would help to know which Mac, what OS, how much RAM, how much storage. Any specific or recurring actions which seem to cause these "crashes"? And by 'crashes"; you mean it closes or the spinning ball or what?

Ian