PDA

View Full Version : Make iTunes Albums a single file

Dustball
03-11-2015, 06:49 PM
I have an older PPC6700 that works just fine and I want to use it for my music w/o the need to hook up my iPhone. My truck radio has an input for aux in and I'd rather have an old device rattling around the truck than my pricy iPhone. The only downside with the PPC is that it categorizes everything as a single file alphabetically. What I get is Bach followed by Moody Blues etc..

For example: The Wire Tap Pro recording has about 40 Linda Ronstadt tunes in a single recording so when I chose that file I get all Linda. If Bach was recognized as a single file it would be available as a single album and so on.

So, how do I make an iTune Album a single file?

Slydude
03-11-2015, 10:53 PM
If I am understanding things correctly you want to join a series of tracks into one continuous file correct?

Have a look at the descriptions for Doug's AppleScripts for iTunes - Join Together - v7.2.0 (http://dougscripts.com/itunes/itinfo/jointogether.php) or Doug's AppleScripts for iTunes - Track Splicer v1.0 (http://dougscripts.com/itunes/scripts/ss.php?sp=tracksplicer). I think the older version of Join Together will work for you.

You should also be able to do this with any one of several apps. Audacity is free and I think it has the join command.

bobtomay
03-12-2015, 07:31 AM
I'd consider what you are doing very carefully before proceeding. Once you join those tracks into a single file, you're going to have to listen to the entire thing or hunt and search when you want to listen to a single song.

If that 10 yr old device does not recognize albums, genres, etc., so that you can play an album rather than just individual songs, think I'd consider getting a newer device that does recognize albums. Friend of mine just bought some $20-$30 ipod nano style device at Walmart to load his music on for exaclty the same reason - to keep it in his truck. It looks and feels like a piece of junk, but, he says it's working just fine.