PDA

View Full Version : In Case of Emergency (ICE)

Alwyn
03-11-2015, 01:28 PM
We are all advised these days to have ICE numbers on our mobiles/cellphones. This is useless when device is locked.

Is there a way that emergency services/rescuers could have access to these numbers without compromising privacy/security?

Raz0rEdge
03-11-2015, 01:53 PM
http://cdn.iphonehacks.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/passcode-lock.jpg

This is an older image of the iPhone lock screen, but see the Emergency Call button. That allows you to make emergency calls to 911 (or 999, or whatever the number is in your country) on a locked device..

When you actually all the emergency services, they will get your number through caller id..

vansmith
03-11-2015, 02:19 PM
What you want in iOS 8 is the medical ID. If you scroll to the left twice on the lock screen, you can view the medical ID which has emergency contact info (if set up). If you haven't set it up, you can do so in the Health app.

MacInWin
03-11-2015, 04:46 PM
Or get the app Over, which lets you put text on the lock screen. I have my ICE information there, so that anyone unfamiliar with the iPhone just has to power it on and the contact number is there.

Alwyn
03-12-2015, 03:45 PM
Thanks for the ideas folks. There's also one called ICE with the medical serpent running down it. However the first thing it does is ask to allow access to contacts. I haven't done that yet as I need to check it out. Has anyone heard of this app and is it reliable?

dbm
03-13-2015, 12:14 PM
What you want in iOS 8 is the medical ID. If you scroll to the left twice on the lock screen, you can view the medical ID which has emergency contact info (if set up). If you haven't set it up, you can do so in the Health app.

Interestingly I had done this previously, but the information was gone when I just checked, prompted by this thread.

Check your settings!