transferring photos

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
how do you transfer photos from an Imac to a tablet and vis versa

Hello - before proceeding w/ suggestions which may not help or even be applicable, please provide more information on your equipment: 1) What iMac do you own - year; 2) What OS X is installed; 3) What tablet do you own - I'm assuming an iPad, if so what model; 4) If an iPad, what iOS is installed; 5) Are you using iTunes and/or iCloud; and 6) What have you tried so far?

In addition, are your photos taken on the tablet and/or a digital camera, how many photos in general are you needing to transfer, and is you primary need getting the images from the tablet to your iMac, the other way, or both - answers to these questions will greatly help to make much more specific recommendations. Dave :)

OP
S
Reaction score
Hi RadDave.Thanks for the reply My I Mac is a 20" i have owned it from new 2008 i have installed Snow leopard 10.6.8 I have tried i was told by the store in Derby UK to use Android file transfer for Mac I have the Samsung galaxy ace 1 year old when I connect it to the I.mac it the Andoid file transfer does not reconnise it i have itunes installed do i have to use this. I am sorry if it seems a bit vage but i am nearly 80 and do not understand a lot of this.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Give Kies a try - it's Samsung's app for transferring content to and from their devices.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Hi RadDave.Thanks for the reply My I Mac is a 20" i have owned it from new 2008 i have installed Snow leopard 10.6.8 I have tried i was told by the store in Derby UK to use Android file transfer for Mac I have the Samsung galaxy ace 1 year old when I connect it to the I.mac it the Andoid file transfer does not reconnise it i have itunes installed do i have to use this. I am sorry if it seems a bit vage but i am nearly 80 and do not understand a lot of this.

Hi again and thanks for the information - Vansmith has already responded w/ a potential solution regarding your Samsung tablet - let us know the results.

All of my photo transfer suggestions would have related to using an iPad w/ a Mac computer, so cannot be of much help w/ the other brand. Hopefully, others familiar w/ exchanging images between these devices will 'chime in' w/ some suggestions if the one mentioned does not help you. Dave :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.