PDA

View Full Version : MacBook Pro Repair Extension Program for Video Issues

Lifeisabeach
02-20-2015, 10:41 AM
MacBook Pro Repair Extension Program for Video Issues - Apple Support (http://www.apple.com/support/macbookpro-videoissues/)

Apple has determined that a small percentage of MacBook Pro systems may exhibit distorted video, no video, or unexpected system restarts. These MacBook Pro systems were sold between February 2011 and December 2013.

Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider will repair affected MacBook Pro systems, free of charge. See below for details on affected models and service options.

As of February 20, 2015, the repair process will be available in the U.S. and Canada. In other countries, it will be available as of February 27, 2015.

Symptoms

An affected MacBook Pro may display one or more of the following symptoms:

Distorted or scrambled video on the computer screen
No video on the computer screen (or external display) even though the computer is on
Computer restarts unexpectedly

Products affected

15-inch and 17-inch MacBook Pro models manufactured in 2011
15-inch MacBook Pro with Retina models manufactured from Mid 2012 to Early 2013

I'm pretty sure we've seen a handful of members inquire with problems like this.

pigoo3
02-20-2015, 12:09 PM
Thanks for posting that lifeisabeach!:) I've been reading about folks with problems with 2011 MacBook Pro's for quite a while (with great concern)…since I happen to have an "Early 2011" 17" MacBook Pro. I have a lot of hours on mine…so maybe it's not one of the "small percentage of MacBook Pro systems" affected (fingers-crossed)!;)

- Nick

Exodist
02-22-2015, 01:52 AM
Had a few people here in town report having the issue and also warned me to get extended warranty on a new MBP just incase.

Rod Sprague
02-22-2015, 02:39 AM
MacBook Pro Repair Extension Program for Video Issues - Apple Support (http://www.apple.com/support/macbookpro-videoissues/)

I'm pretty sure we've seen a handful of members inquire with problems like this.

Thank you Lifeisabeach I too have been having clients with these problems. 10/10 for useful information.
Thanks Mate;D
Rod

lclev
02-23-2015, 02:11 PM
The article says they will have this program up until Feb. 27, 2016. Nice to know. So far my 2011 has been just fine but I will keep an eye one her just in case.

Lisa

Dysfunction
02-24-2015, 04:59 AM

I know *I've* had this issue.. guess what's getting fixed when I get back to the US? O:) Thanks!

macEfan
03-05-2015, 07:48 PM
This is great to find! My office had two 2011 MBPs that would sometimes not wake up from sleep or would have a distorted display. Time to bring them into an apple store!

dphershman
03-09-2015, 07:32 PM
Both my May 2011 and my March 2012 15 inch MBPs show this same problem.... glad they have come up with a fix.