Had email supposed to be from Apple?

Reaction score
Had email supposedly from Apple with the following message Your Apple ID was just used to download Make Up Genius 15.99£ from the App Store on a computer or device that had not previously been associated with that Apple ID.

This download was initiated from Brazil.

If you initiated this download, you can disregard this email. It was only sent to alert you in case you did not initiate the download yourself.

If you did not initiate this download, we recommend that you go to Update.apple.com to Update Your Information, then see Apple ID: Security and your Apple ID for further assistance.

Regards,
Apple"

Think this is posted in wrong place should be Security?

However, the link does not take you to Apple so therefore I think it is a scam. Do you agree?

Last edited:

dbm

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2011 i5 2.3/8GB, MBPr 15 2013 with i7/16GB both running El Capitan
Yes, it sounds like a scam. My dad received a similar email recently.

To be sure, log in to iTunes on your computer and then look at your purchase history.

OP
J
Reaction score
Yes, checked iTunes purchases and have nothing there! Thanks. Have also realised that the email also appears to have been sent by myself! something did not notice straight away.

Reaction score
Makeup genius

I received similar email today and it looked very genuine especially as I have recently come back from the Caribbean. Decided to google it and I came to this Forum. Thank you Mac Forum!
Since then gave checked my iTunes account and nothing been taken off.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.