moving aperture library to different user on the same mac

Reaction score
Right now my Aperture library is under my user account (which is also the admin account). My family would like access to this library but I don't want them logging into my user account to do so. One of our user accounts is labeled "Family" so all can access the contents. How do I move my Aperture library to this user account?

Thank you,

Kitchgirl

Reaction score
You might be better off moving it to the "Shared" folder. That way all accounts can access it.
Just drag it from your Pictures folder (unless you've moved it) to the /Users/Shared folder.
I assume you know to change where Aperture looks for it?

OP
K
Reaction score
by moving it to the Shared folder does that mean everyone has "read & write" abilities? Like if they delete a picture then it is deleted permanently?

Reaction score
Shouldn't unless you change the permissions on it.
If that is what you want, do a command-I on it, down at the bottom in Permissions, you can change it to Everybody-read/write.

C

chas_m

I don't know enough about Aperture to say, but surely an Apple photo library would fall under "family sharing" in iTunes, which seems to me to be a waaaay safer option.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.