• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

F2 Tornado Hit Us

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13 Inch, 2 Mac Mini's 1.66 & 1.83, 2- iMac Intel i3 iPhone 4 & iPad 2 32 gig.
On Sunday night at 8:35 pm Springfield, Illinois was hit with two F2 tornadoes. My neighborhood took a direct hit, I had a massive tree take out my roof. We are all fine, no electricity (I'm on a friends generator), but I will never forget that sound as my wife, son and I were in our basement. They hope to have the power restorred this week, and I was fortunate that I was able to get the tree taken off of my roof, and it is now tarped. As soon as the insurance adjuster get here then the roof work can begin.

Update: Here is a link to some photos from the tornado damage. The photo's that show Chatham Road are right next to my house.

http://www.wnns.com/stormphotos.htm

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
sorry to hear that, hope everything turns out as alright as it can be.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Wow, and I thought the snow here was bad...

Good to hear that no-one was hurt!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone
That sucks man, I know how it goes though. I live in Oklahoma City and i was less than a mile from the F5 tornado that came through on May 3, 1999. Good to hear everything is alright, except your roof, but that can be replaced atleast.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP (Mid-2015), 2.8 Ghz i7, 16GB DDR3, AMD M370X Gfx, 1 TB SSD
Sorry to hear that. I grew up in McPherson Kansas, and when I was about 7 an F4 wiped out Hesston (15 miles away.) Funnel 1/2 mile wide, stayed on the deck for 30 minutes. You never get used to tornadoes, but for a brief while I wanted to be a storm chaser like the dude in Twister.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
I am sorry to hear that happened but happy that everything is ok.. a tree down on a roof is not that big deal, 3 years ago, a tree fell on my house, right on the new addition.. good thing it did not fall on the old part of the house we got lucky, but hopefully your insurance adjuster will get there soon and the work can begin, must not be confortable knowing you have a hole in your roof.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.