• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

New Member saying Hello

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro (September 2014)
Hello everyone,
I recently switched from a Windows PC to Mac (MacBook Pro 2014) and I'm completely happy with my decision. Can't even think about going back to Windows again. I came to know about this forum while performing a Google search about how to edit a PDF on Mac. This forum is very informative and I'm now glad to be part of this forum. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Welcome to the forums!

So you want to edit a PDF. I guess that depends on how you want to edit it. Preview, which comes with OS X, can let you view PDF files and has tools to let you annotate them. If you want to outright edit the text in a PDF file, then you'll need a more robust editor. Adobe Acrobat would be the obvious choice, but that's big big $$$.
Adobe Acrobat Pro for Mac | MacUpdate

There's PDFpen, which is still pricey. I'd read up on the reviews of this carefully though.

Here's a good article comparing some alternatives. It's a little dated (2011), but should help you make a choice.
The Best PDF Viewer/Editor for Mac

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro (September 2014)
Welcome to the forums!

So you want to edit a PDF. I guess that depends on how you want to edit it. Preview, which comes with OS X, can let you view PDF files and has tools to let you annotate them. If you want to outright edit the text in a PDF file, then you'll need a more robust editor. Adobe Acrobat would be the obvious choice, but that's big big $$$.

There's PDFpen, which is still pricey. I'd read up on the reviews of this carefully though.

Here's a good article comparing some alternatives. It's a little dated (2011), but should help you make a choice.
The Best PDF Viewer/Editor for Mac

I found a program called PDFelement to edit PDF files but still thank you for all the suggestions.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.