black screen on ipad mini

Reaction score
My 8 month old iPad mini, running iOS 8 was trouble free. A few days ago I was reading a kindle book and had to stop for a while. I closed my case which puts the iPad to sleep. When I came back the screen was black, and nothing would get it to light up. I thought the battery might be dead, though it hadn't been that low, so I plugged it in and heard the little sound it makes when you do that. But no other response. I left it plugged in a while then tried turning it off by holding the button - no response. Tried resetting - no response. Connected it to my mac and opened iTunes. I could click the triangle and view everything on the Pad (I could even play music from the pad through the Mac.) I tried restoring the iPad, but I can't do that without unlocking it, which I can't do without the screen.
Any ideas would be very appreciated. And while I'm here, Happy New Year to all.
Ralph

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP Retina 13 Late 2012, iMac Late 2012, iPhone 6 64G, iPad Air 2 16G
Update: Sorry, I didn't read the post well. It looks like you did the steps Apple provided on the page. Looks like you will have to make a Genius Bar appointment. Sorry about that.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.