Ipad screen

Reaction score
My son has been mucking around with my wifes pad and phone. The icons are moving horizontally but staying static also. Does anyone know what he has one?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Sorry, but from your description, I don't really understand what the problem is.

Maybe give a better description and describe exactly what is happening - or not.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
My son has been mucking around with my wifes pad and phone. The icons are moving horizontally but staying static also. Does anyone know what he has one?

Hello MKTom and welcome to the forum! :) But I have to agree w/ Pm-r, please provide some more information, i.e. what iPad & iPhone models do you own and what iOS is installed? Also, describe your issue more throughly - just confusing @ the moment - what did you son do?

BUT, for starters just 'Reset' both devices, i.e. hold the ON-OFF & HOME buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears, then release both and wait for the devices to reboot (you will not lose any information) - report back to this post. Dave

OP
M
Reaction score
Thanks very much. He had taken a screen shot and pasted it to the front screen. For a joke! forgot to tell us and went to bed. I reset both devices and problem now resolved.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Maybe get your son to show you a few more of the constructive tricks and things one can do with their iDevice. ;)

Many useful ones I've discovered are seemingly "hidden" I'm discovering. Some I don't know how some users actually discovered them but I'm glad they posted their finds to the 'net.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.