itunes keeps popping up on screen

Reaction score
I recently had to restore my wife's iPhone 5s and, immediately afterwards, I got the "welcome to your new iPhone/restore your iPhone" screen -- even though I had just finished restoring it. Ever since then iTunes will pop up every minute or so with that same "welcome to your new iPhone/restore your iPhone" sceen (showing that my wife's phone is connected even though it is not) and then, after a couple seconds, it switches back to my regular music screen in iTunes. It might be worth mentioning that for months prior to the restoration my wife's phone would randomly show up in iTunes even though it wasn't connected.

I can't find any solutions for this online anywhere and this has become an incredible nuisance -- I work from home and it's pretty awful having iTunes pop to the forefront of my screen every 60 seconds. Please help!

OP
B
Reaction score
Looks like this is only happening when her phone is around -- she was gone for 4 hours and it didn't happen once.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
As soon as your wife's iPhone is within WiFi range of your network, it will be seen by iTunes and display on screen. The same thing happens with my wife's iPad and my iPhone 5C. Actually that's a good thing because you can update apps, install apps, remove them, etc, from iTunes without attaching the device to your Mac. You can also sync bookmarks, contacts, calendars, and so forth. Do you have an iCloud account for you and your wife?

OP
B
Reaction score
The automatic syncing hasn't been a problem until this week, when I had to restore her phone. Something must have went wrong with the restoration because any time I plug it in (or whenever her phone is close by) I keep getting the "welcome to your new iPhone/restore your iPhone" screen -- how do I make this go away?? I don't want to restore her phone again because something must have went wrong with the backup right beforehand and, when I restored it from that backup, all of her apps were missing and it's a huge pain for her to have re-download them all. It sounds like I should be able to turn off the automatic wi-fi sync if I have her phone connected to my computer, but I don't get the option because, again, all I'm getting is the "welcome to your new iPhone/restore your iPhone" screen. So basically something went wrong with the backup and restoration and now we're stuck. Please help!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.