finding printers with Oracle VM in Mac OSX

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mac mini late 2012; mac mini early 2014; old mac mini running centos; new macbook air; iPad;iPhone
I've been playing around with installing windows 8.1 in a VM ( Vertical Box VM from Oracle v 4.3-18 ) Everything seems installed; however, I am not able to find or set up a printer.

I'm running Mac OS X Yosemite and have and HP inkjet (photosmart 4180) connected to the Mac's USB bus, as well as a HP Laserjet 1022 set up as network via a HP jet direct card, and a HP wireless printer which I can address via IP address over the local lan

any suggestions on how to approach this?

John

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You mean "VirtualBox" as there is no such beast as "Vertical Box". Anyway, I haven't used VB in a long time and it has changed since then. But I do remember that there was an option where you can devote the printer(s) to the VM from the Host (OS X). You need to find that option and change it to the VM from the Host.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.