• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Greetings from NC

Reaction score
Hi everyone. New to the forum but not new to Macs. I've recently made the switch BACK to Macs for the first time since 2004. Prior to that my experience with Macs was in the 80s during the beginnings of "desktop publishing" when I worked in the printing industry. Back then I was working on a Mac 512, SE 30, Classic, Mac II, Quadra and the first iMac. I've owned a Mac Icebook and a Powerbook and I currently use a MacBook Pro at work. I just bought a used 2008 24" iMac LOADED with extra software for $500 on Ebay. I'm still using my XP machine here at home but I'll be switching later this week.

Looks like I'll find all the info I need here to get back up to speed in no time! I'm looking forward to using the iMac to produce my weekly videos for my YouTube channel. Looking forward to learning and sharing.

Dino

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Great to here from you dino however be careful buying machines from ebay there is a reason they load extra software it's usually pirated and they don't tell you so the first time you register it you get busted so be careful this has been a old trick for years even on creigslist and other sites they always advertise them as mac for sale pre loaded with tons of software and don't usually include the software disks with the machine is a dead give away its not legal software.

OP
M
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip. I've been down this road before. Bottom line is, don't try to register software on a used machine, just use it as is.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.