Black screen after boot camp

Reaction score
Hi guys I am doing bootcamp on my mac.

It is a macbook pro 15-inch, mid 2012.
2.6 GHz Intel Core i7
8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
OS X 10.9.4

During the process of bootcamp it restarts and turns to a black screen all of a sudden.
I followed the tutorial online and people advised to hold the alt/option key after pressing the restart button.
But how can I bootcamp properly now? I saw tutorials teaching us to delete the windows partition. But I want windows functions on my mac!
Can sb please help me with this!??!? thansk a lot!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It looks like you were somehow able to use that Windows 8 "exe" file that you wrote about in your other thread. A black screen during the Windows installation usually indicates that the video driver was missing or incorrect. Do not hold down the Option or Alt key when the Windows installation reboots. Allow it to reboot by itself. After Windows is installed successfully, you can use the Option or Alt keys to choose Windows to startup.

Reaction score
again you need a windows 8.1 disk not a windows 8 disk windows 8 disk's won't work on certain models of macintoshes with certain graphics cards its not fun and has been a mess this is why they recommend a 8.1 disk because the 8.1 disk works because it has all the drivers

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Tell us how a Windows 8.1 disk has all the drivers for OS X? Is Apple now cooperating with Microsoft and placing Mac drivers on Windows disks? I think not.

Reaction score
it's not that driver you need your thinking graphics card driver when in fact you need the new windows EFI driver that boots on start to enable the windows operating system to boot the new EFI driver which uses the I7 and I5 processors you also need the 64 bit version of the o.s as well

Reaction score
you can manually bypass this as well using vlite vlite originally designed for vista can read windows 7 and 8 iso's and slipstream the new version of the efi folder on the windows 8 disk from the windows 8.1 efi folder but you still need windows 8.1 because you cannot access the windows store or download apps from the store without 8.1 installed and service packs don't run in bootcamp

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.