VM - Fusion 7 Pro - 2020 Technologies software

Reaction score
Hi, I'm running VM-Fusion 6.3 and am unable to run the current version of 2020 version 10. (2020 is a kitchen and bath design program) Here are the requirements for version 10 Oper. sys Windows 7 8 (32 or 64 bit), Processor Dual core or Quad Core 2.16 GHz or above, System 3 GB RAM (for 32 bit) or 6 GB Ram (for 64 bit), Graphic Card: Nvidia GefFroce or ATI/AMD Radeon with 512 MB or dedicated memory (3d accelerator ), Resolution: 1280 x 1024, Hard drive 7200 RPM drive with 4 GB or more free disk space 80 GB hard drive or above, DVD-ROm Drive: 8x DVD or higher. So my question is will the new VM- Fusion 7 Pro allow me to run this version 10. When I look at the information for VM Fusion 7 Pro I don't know enough to know if this is improved enough from the 6 version to allow me to run a program that is so demanding. Any and all help will be so appreciated. Thanks a million. :)

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Those are some very hefty requirements - I'm afraid that virtualization is not the right answer for that particular software package. Your best bet will be to go with Boot Camp, but you didn't mention what model your Mac is, so I'm not entirely sure whether it will even run it natively.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
What does happen when you run the application? What kind of specs did you use for your VM with VMWare Fusion?

While the requirements are quite hefty, it might operate with less as well, but likely not too less than what it wants, especially memory..

OP
T
Reaction score
Hi RazOrEdge, you have been kind enough to answer this type of question for me before. I think your response was "wow, too much for VM" :) But I was hoping that with the upgrade in VM Fusion 7 Pro I might now be able to run the "hefty" program.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
The different versions of VMWare Fusion get better, but they are just no match for a very intensive application. As cwa107 said, boot camp will get you the best performance..

Now if you did manage to run the app in a VM, you might find the performance lacking and frustrating even as to not bother using it..

I've generally found that things like games, CAD and other hardware-intensive applications work best when run natively on Windows on the hardware.

Unlike other apps, these guys DO use the GPU for calculations in addition to what the CPU can do and the virtualized environment can't match that..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.