Apple Cinema Display 20' black screen

Reaction score
I had the 'short long short' blinking led probem with my 20" Apple Cinema Display after a power outage which left my screen blank. I read maybe the display might work if I could somehow block the middle pin to the power adapter. Has anyone had any problems with their display .....any suggestions. Are there replacement parts.....etc.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Are there replacement parts.....etc.

Depends what sort of repair parts you need. Check eBay for parts. Check ifixit.com for disassembly procedures & some parts. But the ifixit.com display info can be a bit thin (not many folks out there trying to repair busted display's).

- Nick

OP
F
Reaction score
cinema display mac

I am running osx mac desktop with two cinema displays. When an outage occurred, just the one display got down. The power adapter shows no signs of heat coming from it. I am assuming the power adaptor got zapped. Anybody else had this situation and how they resolved it. I hurts running only one display, when I have used the two displays for a long time.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Please…it's not necessary to double post. Continue things in the same thread. Threads merged.

Thanks,

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.