• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Old Apple Mac vs. PC Ads

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I was purusing You Tube for some videos for a computer project I'm working on...and I came across a nice compilation of some of the "Mac vs. PC" advertisments from a while back...and wanted to share with you guys.

I always loved these videos (funny as heck)!:) Of course you have to be an Apple fan of sorts to enjoy/appreciate them the most. I'm thinking the hard-core Windows folks wouldn't like them so much!;)

So if you're having a rough day (or not)...and need a little humor to bring a smile to your face...please give them a view. Enjoy!:)

15 funny apple ads - YouTube

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
A1286 MBP5,3 running 10.9.5, iphone6, Mac mini1,1 A1176 120/2gb
Priceless! Thanks for sharing

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I always liked those ads. I also liked the ads Apple did years ago for the Power
book line. I think the tag line was "What's on your PowerBook"? It showed users from several backgrounds and asked what they had on their PowerBook.

Liked the ads because I've always thought it better tp sell by emphasizing your positives.

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
Interesting also (if you can find them) to see the UK version of those ADs. They used different actors, which I found a bit jarring at first. I watched a number of them a few years back, will post a link if I run accross them,

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mac mIni *2013 macbook air *2011-itouch G4 32 gb (new repair projects:iMac G4 2002* imac g5 2007*
those commercials were not that funny, but they did change the way people thought of macs and added a much needed personality apple did not have then.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
Funny stuff. Thanks pigoo.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Even funnier is the PC addicts comments! Of course they were funny ads.

Reaction score
"hard-core Windows" fans? Is that still a thing? I thought they faded away after Vista and slowly got replaced by Google/Android fans. Now a days, I think you are just a Windows "user" but it's not anything you get excited over.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.