• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Looking for a wiz...

Reaction score
How can I get my Firefox bookmarks to Chrome (or any other browser) on my Android phone?
What I have tried:
Imported them into Chrome on my Macbook. (which is supposed to sync with Google)

Downloaded something called "Google Bookmark" from Google Play.
Most of them show up but how to get into Chrome? (where does it get them anyway?)

No option in Chrome to import, otherwise wouldn't have this problem. (neither Firefox or Browser can either)

I use Xmarks. Surprise! No Xmarks for Mobile Chrome. (or Firefox)

I'm getting aggravated with this. Anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks

OP
cradom
Reaction score
Like I said, I imported into Chrome on Macbook.
Did not sync to Google.
Not on phone.

Chrome Sync 2014-09-26 11-33-03 2014-09-26 11-33-08.png

Google - Bookmarks 2014-09-26 11-33-37 2014-09-26 11-33-42.png

OP
cradom
Reaction score
Oh **! someone edited something out :p

I may have found the problem"
I replied to your similar comment in another thread: Go to Settings/Account-Google, select your Google account, then make sure Chrome is checked.

From that link you gave. My Chrome wasn't checked. Is now but sync problem with phone right now. We'll see what happens.
Thanks

EDIT: Wonder why they're not showing up on Google web site? Or is that something different?

OP
cradom
Reaction score
Nah, still got "Sync Problem. Sync will be back later" in Accounts on the phone.
Not worried about it anymore. Use the phone mostly as a phone anyway. Not that much web.
Guess I can uninstall 1password and Dropbox if I cant get it to work.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.