A session could not be started with the ipad

Reaction score
I successfully went back to iOS 7 from iOS 8 on my iPad 3, which didn't do well with the newest iOS. I also read that I can restore my apps to the iPad that are still gone by using iTunes and the Restore Backup option.

However, I keep getting a message that a session could not be started with the iPad.

MacBook Air (13-inch Mid 2013), OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
No problems here whatsoever with iOS 8 on my iPad 3. Don't know what kind of problems you were having but it's always hit and miss when you go backwards with iOS. How did you restore to iOS 7? From a backup?

And by the way, if the specs you show for your Mac are correct, you're way behind on Mavericks and I suspect iTunes also. Mavericks is now at 10.9.5.

Reaction score
No problems here whatsoever with iOS 8 on my iPad 3. Don't know what kind of problems you were having but it's always hit and miss when you go backwards with iOS. How did you restore to iOS 7? From a backup?

And by the way, if the specs you show for your Mac are correct, you're way behind on Mavericks and I suspect iTunes also. Mavericks is now at 10.9.5.

Apple started digitally signing 7.1.2 again. if you have a copy on your computer you can downgrade.

Now that he has downgraded he needs to to a wipe and restore. Because like you say its hit and miss.

Reaction score
After reading the site you posted I have a couple comments.

1: if you downloaded your ISPW from there it's pirated.
2: if you followed those instructions you downgraded to 7.1.2 and then restored with a ios8 backup. Now how much sense does that make?
3: I stand by my coment of wipe and restore with a 7.1.2 backup.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.